Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Back to Business.

So I came back from home yesterday. I was so happy! Came happily to office in the morning. I carried my laptop bag on my back - same way I used to go to school after summer holidays. I had similar feelings then during old school days. So many years have past still why things have not changed. I used to go to school by bus then. Now my company has provided us cabs - reason being; we can be on time.
I did not even know what had been going on in office for last three days. Now as soon as I came on to my floor, I smelt the air - that same smell I have been used to smell for last 1 year. In school too this used to happen. The smell of the place used to be unique. The smell of the classroom in the morning used to be different as compared to post lunch. The smell in the morning used to be a combination of blackboard, chalks, papers, new uniforms etc etc. Post recession it used to smell of all of these plus the smell of food which may have had fallen on the classroom floor + the smell of sweat etc etc. I cannot possibly describe. The smell and the feelings I guess are very my own observation.
So I came to my desk now. Same feeling came to me when I used to find my table and chair in school when back from vacations. Before I could settle on my desk and could open my bag to get all the paraphernalia out on the desk, and before I could check my mails, I came to know that I had some emails in my inbox. I had to work on them now.
I was back to the drill/grill again now - Rat Race as it is coined.

No comments: